WTF Community

Introduce Yourself!

Hi I am Lynne, a life long many generations counting my Yakama tribal affiliation of the Great Pacific Northwest. I currently reside by the banks of the Columbia River in view of 5 mountains. I retired in 2010 as a psychiatric RN of 22y but also worked for a petroleum tank farm for 8y and the local pulp and paper mill for 6y. I am an “original” this past 50y, women’s libber and those first 14y were what were considered men’s jobs. But more on that as time and topics arise. At 72y I don’t move as well as I’d like, but typing is no problem. Protesting is in my blood and I come from an articulate clan.
I very much like your forum and how you conduct this news letter. Communication is a dying art and deeply needs resusitation. I thank you Matt and all here for restarting this effort to understand one another.

7 Likes

I’ve been off Coke for almost 3 weeks now. Seriously the longest I’ve gone without soda in my life. I used to drink diet but the aspartame was killing me. So switched to regular and finally decided to stop. My brother used to buy lecroix but I was never fond of it - I’d always rather have a Coke. But I’ve been really enjoying the water this time around. I still can’t drink just regular water it must have flavour and bubbles! Haha. Where in the U.K. Did you move to? I’m from Scotland originally.

I had bought some food flavoring to try and mimic the taste of la croix, but it was kinda just an epic fail so I gave up and went full on sparkling water. I’ve found that I have very strong opinions about the brand of water I buy if I’m drinking plain sparkling.
We moved to London just last October. Which, all things considered, was a very interesting time to make the move… :no_mouth:

The Target brand “Simply Balanced” does a pretty amazing flavored sparkling water; I’d take it over pretty much any other brand at this point.

1 Like

Psh. The blueberry is passable. The cucumber… mint? Is alright. The peach ginger is like doing ginger shooters (and I like things gingery and spicy).
I would have to resort to buying some of those flavors when La Croix, Dasani, and Hint were all sold out. Could never really get into them though.

1 Like

oooo I may have to try that. My husband and I were just talking about Pineapple Fanta last night. I used to pour it over vanilla ice cream as a kid. Haven’t had one in years!

1 Like

:wave:t3: Welcome @ThunderInTheMountain, @lenabena1908, @Teach, @SparkRock & @kimiwei!

1 Like

@mawk17 I’m an Indiana native too, what a dangerous embarrassing man to have as one of our major representatives, ulgh. The only time I “enjoyed” having him in existence is when I donated to Planned Parenthood in his name lol.

1 Like

I am a college biology teacher, an Army veteran, the mother of three adult children, and the wife of an active duty Marine. I am distressed, dismayed and discouraged…but most of all I am disgusted.

3 Likes

Hi, I am Rose( real name). I am a retired psychiatric social worker with a bunch of grandkids whose future I am truly concerned about, given the state of the world today.

2 Likes

Welcome @ktb and @Rlayne46🥂

1 Like

Hello. My name is Len. I am an Assistant Professor of Medicine at a mid western medical school. I am a father, husband, and scientist. I appreciate the concise updates from Matt to help limit the amount of crap I have to wade through to know that is going on.

2 Likes

Welcome @CancerKiller < love that screen name!

2 Likes

@ktb what do you teach?

1 Like

Hi, I’m Dina, one of the founders of 3notrump.org. Since the election, I’ve become subsumed with trying to be a good activist, while avoiding burnout and too much fretting. Much of my work involves finding 3 quick and easy actions people can take, some of which are under the radar. Feel free to send me ideas and check out our website, twitter, and fb pages.

4 Likes

Hi @3notrump! Feel free to share your weekly actions with the group in the Actions category.

Hi, I’m Cynthia from Dallas, AKA “OneScribe.” I’m a longtime journalist and all-around rabble rouser. My husband John and I are technically geezers, but we’re training to become community organizers in order to #Resist! Glad to be here, y’all.

3 Likes

Hi, Kelly here. I’m in Colorado. I’m an attorney in recovery, hoping to get back to campus and create new leaders. I am progressive and probably consume too much politics but get anxious when I don’t know where the next dumpster fire is. I love working with dogs and traveling around the country/world.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Irene, Texan by birth, Oregonian by choice, daughter of immigrants, wife of an immigrant, corp exec by day, mom/wife by night and weekends, etc. etc. WTFJHT has kept me sane since it crossed my radar - thanks a ton to Matt for keeping it going. (Oh, and I ordered a cool t-shirt, too.)

3 Likes

:wave:t3: Welcome to the WTF forum @PDXmom, @kelly & @OneScribe!

1 Like