WTF Community

The Latest - Tuesday October 6

4 Likes
2 Likes

I love this. Thanks for taking this on! I’m pretty sure I can create a bunch of these “stub” pages and set them to publish automatically on the correct day. I’ll look into that.

I’ll add some more notes later but I’m super stoked on this!

https://talk.whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/t/the-latest-tuesday-october-6/5923/9?u=matt

@dragonfly9 I think what @Pet_Proletariat said is right: Use this as an in the thick of it catch-all for the day’s news. The examples of cross-posting also make a ton of sense: put the news in the topic that it has the greatest affinity for, then (using the :link: icon url) cross-post it here. That way we end up with an accounting for the “day” while also maintaining the flexibility of the forum and all the other threads.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Facebook and Twitter both blocked Trump’s post falsely claiming that coronavirus is less deadly than flu.

Facebook and Twitter on Tuesday took action against a post from President Donald Trump that falsely claimed the seasonal flu is more deadly than the coronavirus.

Facebook removed the post, and Twitter added a label warning of misinformation about the coronavirus before a user could click to view it. Twitter also prevented the tweet from being shared.

4 Likes

And now we have a way to go back if we wanted to and break down some those larger threads into shorter timeframes for easier reader comprehension. There’s so much good archival work floating in this forum, we should actually manage it better.

@MissJava
@celena

How do you feel about that?

4 Likes

FYI I might play a little with the format, including adding the notes from the blog to the main post here. It might not be right but I think we can play with it till we find something that works and makes sense. Hopefully in time we can merge some of the work being done here w/ the work I’m doing over on the main site, and bring the community closer to the publishing process.

2 Likes

Trump tweeted that he is “looking forward to” the second presidential debate even as he continues treatment this week for Covid-19.

“I am looking forward to the debate on the evening of Thursday, October 15th in Miami,” Trump said. “It will be great!”

The president is still battling his Covid-19 infection after first showing symptoms on Thursday, according to the White House. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines say people should isolate for 10 days from the point of showing systems, and in severe cases, 20 days.

3 Likes

Senior Pentagon leadership quarantining after exposure to coronavirus

Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, along with several of the Pentagon’s most senior uniformed leaders, are quarantining after being exposed to the coronavirus

The Chief of Staff of the US Air Force, Charles Brown, the Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Michael Gilday and the Chief of Space Operations, Gen. John Raymond, also are all working from home, according to several officials.

3 Likes
4 Likes

love it! I always struggle with innovative ways of organizing so I am grateful you’re here lol. I got ya back!

2 Likes

:anguished:

2 Likes

And this…a photographer, Al Drago from the Supreme Court intro event

2 Likes

:eyes:

1 Like

Cross-posting

2 Likes

Cross-posting

2 Likes
3 Likes

:eyes:

1 Like

Everything Trump has done needs to be reversed. He is not in his right mind from those drugs :syringe: that he has been taking. After what he said today makes it clear…HE IS OUT OF HIS FUCKING MIND!! :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Mr. Out-of-His-Mind

Just now…quick retort to previous tweet about stopping the CARES Act negotiation.

3 Likes