WTF Community

šŸ¤® Coronavirus (Community Thread)

5 Likes

Morons.

Michigan Supreme Court Rules Against Governorā€™s Emergency Powers

2 Likes
5 Likes

Trump making crazy claims again, and being debunked.

Trump echoed his earlier false claims that Covid-19 was comparable in lethality to the flu on Tuesday, which experts say is much less deadly than coronavirus.

4 Likes

Restaurant staffers in quarantine after working Trump fundraiser - CBS News

Thirteen workers at a Minneapolis steakhouse were quarantining after the restaurant catered a private fundraiser attended by President Donald Trump during his visit to Minnesota last week, the restaurant said Monday.

3 Likes

Dumb and callous.

President Trump said he is shutting down negotiations for a new coronavirus economic relief bill and wonā€™t support a new stimulus package until after the election.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-06/trump-tells-his-team-to-stop-talks-on-fiscal-stimulus-package

3 Likes

2 Likes

Heā€™s such a recalcitrantā€¦why would he play into Nancy Pelosiā€™s hand as he is perceiving i?

3 Likes

Reactions to T not moving ahead with another CARES package

addding

3 Likes

RE: Cares package negotiation from Politico Reporter Jake Sherman

4 Likes

Top White House aide Stephen Miller tests positive for Covid-19

Stephen Miller tests positive for COVID-19

Stephen Miller tests positive for COVID-19

I know some cages he can quarantine in.

5 Likes

What is postponing the stimulus package until after the election supposed to do? I honestly do not understand this. This makes no sense. None. This is his chance to say heā€™s seen the light on his own terms and go ā€œYou want $2T? How about $3T? Democrats WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOWā€ and make the rest of the GOP look like assholes if they donā€™t comply. This is his chance to be the hero.

Trump loves to showboat, he could have used this stimulus package to win hearts and minds all across the country right before election day, as even the people who hate him would have to give him credit for his generosity on this. He may even have been able to win the election on this alone. When Trump says he wonā€™t look at one till after election day, and Biden says as soon as heā€™s in office heā€™ll sign one, Trump loses the upper hand because everyone knows that while Trumpā€™s would have been faster, Bidenā€™s will be better.

He just threw a winning narrative out the window in favor of doubling down to own some libs, and it was such an obvious power play just as the election is ramping up. Like I donā€™tā€¦ these peopleā€¦ arghhhhā€¦ justā€¦ some internal consistency would be nice.

5 Likes

Maybe heā€™s really high? Iā€™m serious.

Have we hit bottom yet?

4 Likes

I donā€™t think there is a bottom, not until he is out of office or dies. Maybe not even then.

Weā€™ll have the discovery phase.

3 Likes

Heā€™s a contrarianā€¦and what has been quoted from some people todayā€¦he wants to enact revenge, or burn down ā€œthe houseā€ to an extent.

It fits no oneā€™s logicā€¦and difficult to even use that as a consideration, heā€™s off the chartsā€¦roid rage people are calling itā€¦who knows?
It is very Shakespearean if you think about it. Makes no sense, but he is guided by his emotions and he does not want to do anyone any favors, particularly Pelosi.

4 Likes

Itā€™s all so ironic, sheā€™s offering him a huge stimulus less than 30 days from Election Day, which would make him look good on economics but heā€™s just throws it back in her face.

Youā€™re right, it has to be Shakespearean or a Greek Tragedy.

3 Likes

Could this have anything to do with it? He is losing by a huuuuge gap. He does not like any bit of it.

[

3 Likes

Sure but how does doing this make that better? People like getting money and paying rent. Give them those things and at this point they will fall all over you because we need this so badly. Itā€™s just so stupid.

Itā€™s not that heā€™s doing some crazy cruel thing at random, that happens all the time. Itā€™s that not doing this particular thing is like looking at some gold youā€™ve just been handed and throwing it away because someone you donā€™t like wants you to have it.

4 Likes

I agreeā€¦
People need the stimulus checks
People want for their businesses to stay afloat
People deserve better leadership.
People want the truth

We are experiencing T at his very worst, unhinged far beyond what heā€™s been doingā€¦it is unchecked power, thoughtless and callous.

Because he is a Covid patient, elderly, AND on steroidsā€¦he is even more impetuous, OFF HIS ROCKER.

See how quick he got back to tweeting and offering the stimulus checks tonightā€¦see what he is doing? Heā€™s acting like a puppeteerā€¦and he dictates what he thinks will bring him votes right now, because he tanked the stock market, and it looks bad.

If I keep my needs out of the equation, it makes sense that heā€™s even more power mad.

It does not make sense for us as Americans, or people who need some relief.

2 Likes

Everyone in the White House cluster who has reportedly tested positive for the coronavirus

These are the White House officials, lawmakers, and others who reportedly have the coronavirus.

Trump, battling Covid-19, says heā€™s ā€˜looking forward toā€™ the next presidential debate

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines say people should isolate for 10 days from the point of showing systems, and in severe cases, 20 days.

Facebook, Twitter block Trump post that falsely claims coronavirus is less deadly than flu

Hereā€™s a Theory: Maybe Trump Wasnā€™t Getting Tested for COVID at All

What if they wonā€™t say when his last negative result was because there wasnā€™t one?

What is the White House hiding? Thatā€™s where reporters need to push

How recently did Trump actually test negative? And why isnā€™t the White House contact-tracing the Barrett event?

These last two articles above raises a big question; the White House has consistently dodged telling reporters when he last tested negative to such a degree that it very much feels like they have something to hide.

D.C. reports most new COVID cases since June amid White House outbreak

1 Like