WTF Community

šŸ“ Must Read Op-Ed and Profiles

2 Likes

Another excellent one from Max Boot:

Iā€™ve found Evan McMullinā€™s Stand Up Republic newsletter to be a an excellent source for a center-right perspective.

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2018/01/18/a-bipartisan-agreement-trump-is-bad-for-democracy/?utm_term=.fbba74ea39b7

The full report referenced in the Op-Ed is by Protect Democracy & Stand Up Ideas: The Republic At Risk: American Democracy One Year into the Trump Administration

``

1 Like

Excellent op-ed for the Editorial board at the NYT on the 20 week abortion ban that is coming up for a vote in the Senate this week. I also recommended clicking through all the links in this article and doing a bit of a deep dive into the subject.

1 Like

Adam Schiff, typically measured and even handed, went from setting off a flair to full blow fireworks in a Washington Post Op-Ed regarding the Nunes memo.

Monday, 1/29/18 (his interview on Rachel Maddow):

Wednesday, 1/31/18:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/rep-nuness-memo-crosses-a-dangerous-line/2018/01/31/cbdabedc-0696-11e8-b48c-b07fea957bd5_story.html?utm_term=.2b3fae0a960f

1 Like

(x-post from Day 378):

2 Likes

Yes thank you I was going to post that same piece on this thread and you beat me to it!
:clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

1 Like

Yes, yes to all of this editorial from the New York Times. Good headline too. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I donā€™t typically agree with Joe Walsh, but when I do it usually involves Russia.

1 Like

This comment on the WaPo article pretty much summed up the whole article.

2 Likes

Meta-Profile:
A day in the life of a White House Correspondent who ends up watching the State of the Union with Steve Bannon.

The Timeā€™s Up movement against sexual abuse and harassment now has Bannonā€™s full attention, too. ā€œThe top seven stories today are all guys getting blown up,ā€ he says. ā€œAnd these are not small guys.ā€ Heā€™s a connoisseur of anger, and in womenā€™s anger about sexual harassment he senses a prelude to their anger about a lot more. ā€œI think itā€™s going to unfold like the Tea Party, only bigger,ā€ he says. ā€œItā€™s not Me Too. Itā€™s not just sexual harassment. Itā€™s an anti-patriarchy movement. Timeā€™s up on 10,000 years of recorded history. This is coming. This is real.ā€

I agree Steve and your time is definitely up.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-02-09/has-anyone-seen-the-president

1 Like

ā€œA connoisseur of angerā€¦ā€ holy hell that is perfection, for all those trolls :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

I was going to share this but I wasnā€™t sure!

Also, great complementary listening to this article (which I actually heard before the Bloomberg piece came out, I probably wouldnā€™t have read the article if I hadnā€™t heard it) is Larry Wilmoreā€™s podcast interview with Michael Lewis. Itā€™s quite interesting.

(Side note: more and more we learn about Bannonā€¦the more confirmation that Joshua Greenā€™s book, Devilā€™s Bargain is spot on.)

2 Likes

Love Larry Wilmore! I havenā€™t listened to this one. Thanks for posting!

2 Likes

The rants in the PSA episode are everything. Have a listen!:ear:

1 Like

:joy: Lovettā€™s ranttttt. yasss.

(BTW - went to the LA show taping. :grin: It was amazinggggg. Iā€™ve been to Lovett or Leave It before, but this was wayyy different. And, I meanā€¦John Legend & Chrissy Teigen! :star_struck:)

1 Like

Lovettā€™s rants are fucking everything Iā€™m mad about but canā€™t properly articulate! I canā€™t wait for PSA to come to Seattle, I went to LIOL a couple weeks ago, he had on my dream panel, Ijeoma Oluo, Lindy West, and Akilah Hughes. Even my normally super shy partner was yelling and hissing with the crowd.

1 Like

Meta-Profile:
Former Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, details his experiences in the Trump White House. :grimacing:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Maybe Brooks should take an AR15 enima and call those kids in the morningā€¦thats not rude is it?