WTF Community

📝 Must Read Op-Ed and Profiles

I must get this shirt. ASAP.
:laughing:

1 Like

I could listen to this lovely man lecture on even wallpaper for hours.

He is a treat on twitter as well, @meakoopa.

1 Like

Excellent article by Max Boot, a conservative Foreign Policy Analyst and Historian

3 Likes

Yes, thank you for posting the Max Boot piece!! I still feel like there’s so many excellent writers missing from this thread. Keep posting people!!

1 Like

Here are two interesting responses to that (FANTASTIC) post by Coates:

1. The Birthmark of Damnation: Ta-Nehisi Coates and the Black Body

2. Idylls of the Liberal: The American Dreams of Mark Lilla and Ta-Nehisi Coates

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Portrait of a President

This is a whopper right here.

2 Likes

Great profile on Kamala Harris.

2 Likes

Another excellent one from Max Boot:

I’ve found Evan McMullin’s Stand Up Republic newsletter to be a an excellent source for a center-right perspective.

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2018/01/18/a-bipartisan-agreement-trump-is-bad-for-democracy/?utm_term=.fbba74ea39b7

The full report referenced in the Op-Ed is by Protect Democracy & Stand Up Ideas: The Republic At Risk: American Democracy One Year into the Trump Administration

``

1 Like

Excellent op-ed for the Editorial board at the NYT on the 20 week abortion ban that is coming up for a vote in the Senate this week. I also recommended clicking through all the links in this article and doing a bit of a deep dive into the subject.

1 Like

Adam Schiff, typically measured and even handed, went from setting off a flair to full blow fireworks in a Washington Post Op-Ed regarding the Nunes memo.

Monday, 1/29/18 (his interview on Rachel Maddow):

Wednesday, 1/31/18:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/rep-nuness-memo-crosses-a-dangerous-line/2018/01/31/cbdabedc-0696-11e8-b48c-b07fea957bd5_story.html?utm_term=.2b3fae0a960f

1 Like

(x-post from Day 378):

2 Likes

Yes thank you I was going to post that same piece on this thread and you beat me to it!
:clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

1 Like

Yes, yes to all of this editorial from the New York Times. Good headline too. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I don’t typically agree with Joe Walsh, but when I do it usually involves Russia.

1 Like

This comment on the WaPo article pretty much summed up the whole article.

2 Likes

Meta-Profile:
A day in the life of a White House Correspondent who ends up watching the State of the Union with Steve Bannon.

The Time’s Up movement against sexual abuse and harassment now has Bannon’s full attention, too. “The top seven stories today are all guys getting blown up,” he says. “And these are not small guys.” He’s a connoisseur of anger, and in women’s anger about sexual harassment he senses a prelude to their anger about a lot more. “I think it’s going to unfold like the Tea Party, only bigger,” he says. “It’s not Me Too. It’s not just sexual harassment. It’s an anti-patriarchy movement. Time’s up on 10,000 years of recorded history. This is coming. This is real.”

I agree Steve and your time is definitely up.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-02-09/has-anyone-seen-the-president

1 Like

“A connoisseur of anger…” holy hell that is perfection, for all those trolls :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like